Tuesday, January 3, 2012

One of the Great Loves of My Life Was Born on This Date











Who? Who was born on this date, you ask. Clearly this is not a picture of one of my children. (No tiara). Perhaps it could be the hubster, if I were married to a really old dude, but I am not. (He's just a semi-old dude). So, who is this dashing fellow? One Mr. John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, that's who. He entered the world on this date back in 1892, and along with him came the brain that created some of the greatest literary works of all time. I love his books so much that I don't even want to joke around about them, as is my wont. Instead, I'll just ponder his greatness in a fanatical manner for a while. (What I'd really like to do is bust out The Fellowship of the Ring and read it for the umpteenth time. Alas, it is packed away as we will be moving soon. Single tear.) So go out there and appreciate this wonderful man in whatever way you see fit. (If it involves pasting hair to your feet or gagging a lot while saying "gollum", more power to you). I like to keep my J.R.R.T. worship practices to myself. All I can say is, these fake pointy ears pinch like a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for people who have great taste! J.R.R. Tolkien was the man! Thank you again for another fabulous and witty post!

    ReplyDelete